Love Where You Live
It is all too easy to take where you live for granted, it often isnt until we have guests from out of town, or really stop and take stock that we find renewed appreciation for our community and the lifestyle available to us on a daily basis. So here is a gentle nudge to highlight some of the amazing places, activities and events on offer in the place we are fortunate to call home #exploremission.
- The Fraser River offering boating, fishing and hiking opportunities
- 12 Fresh Water Lakes for hiking, swimming, kayaking, boating and fishing
- Municipal, Regional & Provincial Parks including Fraser River Heritage Park, Rolley Lake Provincial Park, Neilson Regional Park and the Silverdale Wetlands
- Mission Municipal Forest with recreational trails for hiking, mountain biking and forestry education
- Stave West Forest and Recreation Area now offering approx. 200 campsites at Sayres Lake, Kearsley Creek, Rock Creek and Rocky Point
- Waterfalls including Rolley Falls, Steelhead Falls and Cascade Falls
- The Powerhouse at Stave Falls a 100 year old powerhouse and visitor experience that is a National Historic Site of Canada
- Mission Raceway Park with the fastest drag strip in Western Canada
- Mission Museum telling the story of Mission’s people across the years
Events this Fall:
- Roots n Blues Festival as part of Mission Culture Days (September 29)
- Diwali – Festival of Light with free ethnic food and entertainment (October 24)
- River’s Edge Haunted Attraction be prepared to scream around Halloween with this interactive fright night experience (various dates October)
- Annual Christmas Craft Market with an array of unique artisan gifts (November 3 – 4)
- Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival where nature and the biodiversity of the Fraser Valley are celebrated (November 17-18)
The list goes on!
There is also a wide selection of dining experiences spread across the community from Hotties Food Emporio near Hayward Lake, to Blackberry Kitchen in Fraser River Heritage Park; a host of unique stores grouped in the Downtown core and across other shopping locations including The Junction and Mission Hills Mall; plus entertainment offered by The Clarke Theatre, The Stage, SilverCity, Opening Nite Theatre and our local pubs.
There is so much to love where you live.
For more information go to the Visitor Information Centre at 34033 Lougheed Highway or call 604-826-6914