Looking to get ahead of the Christmas rush? Then keep reading, as Mission has so many unique shopping opportunities right on your doorstep. From classic long standing businesses like Rex Cox Menswear and Lanka Jewels to those tucked away gems such as Tea Time Decor, The Happy Homesteader, Mac & Mango, Silk Degrees, Beach Basket, Black Bond Books and Spark Art Collective. Also consider gifts from our thriving artisan community found at the Mission Arts Council, as well as local experiences like guided fishing, golf or a fun night at Decode Escape Rooms. Or maybe a pampering session with a hair, nail or massage appointment or a meal at one of our exceptional local restaurants is something to consider. As you can see, Mission has something to offer for everyone on your gift list.
Small businesses struggle to compete with the box stores at this time of year, but the unique products on offer and the service they provide make it worth taking the time to drop in and have a look around.
Some of the benefits of shopping local:
- The unique businesses create and build the character of our community
- Locally owned businesses offer local employment opportunities.
- Local stores are more likely to support charities and community groups
- They tend to have detailed product knowledge and offer greater personalized customer service.
- Small businesses keep the money in our economy – for every $100 worth of spending in Mission $46 recirculates, compared to $18 in chain stores.
- You reduce your carbon footprint
- Bcbusiness.ca believes a 1% shift in consumer spending to local businesses would create 3,100 jobs and $94 Million in wages to B.C. workers.
- You are more likely to run into friends and neighbours building stronger relationships and wellbeing.
So let’s make an early New Year’s resolution – Make it YOUR Mission to: Shop Local – Love Local.