We are so fortunate to have a supportive community here in Mission. From the nightly chorus of cheers for our Health Care Workers, hearts in windows increasing on a daily basis and our community working together by social distancing, we are finding innovative ways to stay in touch and be safe. We may be apart but right now it feels like we have never been closer as neighbours.
To continue with the local pride being displayed the District of Mission has partnered with Community Futures North Fraser, The Downtown Business Association, The Junction Mall, Mission Regional Chamber of Commerce, Black Press and What’s On Magazine to support our local businesses. We are fortunate to have a wealth of entrepreneurs in the manufacturing, retail, professional services and home-based business world, and what better time to support and highlight them than now.
With all of us being encouraged to stay close to home, now is the perfect opportunity to shop locally, with many of our restaurants offering take out and delivery menus and our retailers moving to online and over-the-phone shopping. With health measures in place, along with options for contactless pick up and delivery these are safe and fast ways to shop, that also add the feel-good factor of knowing you are keeping our towns businesses open now and into the future.
To show support for our community we will be running the “I Love Mission” campaign. Look out for the decals in store windows as the program gets underway and get your I love Mission pins and decals when you shop locally, to highlight your patronage. Ask for one with your next local purchase or delivery and display it with pride.
Messaging, information and updates will be available through the District of Mission and the social media channels and websites of those partners listed above.
We are better together – so let’s shop, eat and support our local community and continue to show our love for our amazing small town.
Go to mission.ca/ilovemission for more information
While many businesses in our community have had to close their physical store space, many remain open for business in different ways. Here’s how you can support our local economy:
- Order takeout from a local restaurant or cafe
- Buy a gift card for a service you’ll use later
- Buy from local online shops
- Arrange a curb-side pick-up
- Leave an online review
- Add the I Love Mission frame to your Facebook Profile photo, just search for “Tourism Mission” on facebook.com/profilepicframes while you are logged in
- Pick up an I Love Mission pin or window decal for your home or car when you shop at a local store
- Post a photo of your favourite local business and tag #ilovemission
- Contact your favourite local businesses to see how you can help
- Take a moment to discover a new business and share your discovery with a friend